24 May Support Your Immune with Safe Colloidal Silver
Lots of people bid their family and friends goodbye with the phrase “Be safe.” Those two simple words can mean many things: “drive safely,” “be careful crossing the street,” “lock your doors,” “dress warmly,” “don’t forget to turn on your security lights.” But in recent years “be safe” has been mostly referring to your HEALTH, and one of the best ways to do just that is to take care of your immune system.
The Foundation of Health: Your Immune System
To take care of your immune health, you need to be familiar with the basics and commit to nurturing it year-round.
Your immune is really quite complex and consists of many organs (spleen, thymus, adenoids, tonsils, and skin), lymph nodes, white blood cells, bone marrow, antibodies (proteins), and various chemicals. These components work together to help protect your immune system and to help maintain your health.
When your immune system is strong and healthy, it recognizes the bad guys and destroys them and miraculously builds up antibodies to protect you from them in the future. But if your immune system is not working properly, you can develop health issues. In some cases, the immune system attacks your own body instead, triggering an allergic reaction or an autoimmune condition. Not good.
Is Your Immune System Weak or Strong?
Another common phrase you may hear is “a weak or weakened immune system.”
A strong immune system is one that’s able to help successfully ward off any invaders to protect your health and wellbeing. We all like to have a fully capable immune function, but there are many factors that can get us off track;
- Poor diet
- Lack of exercise
- Excessive emotional and/or physical stress
- Exposure to toxins (air or water pollutants, food additives, pesticides, and fungicides)
- and insufficient sleep.
How do you know if Your Immune System is Weak?
Well for starters, the obvious- when you’re frequently feeling under the weather and all of the nasty seasonal discomfort that comes with it. Other indicators include digestive problems, fatigue, skin concerns, or developing chronic persistent health issues . Read about stress, inflammation, and your immune system
Can you improve your immune function?
Yes, absolutely! Lifestyle changes can go a long way toward improving immune function.
Here are some tips:
- Improving your diet (the Mediterranean and DASH diets are among the healthiest). These food plans focus on nutrient-rich, anti-inflammatory foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, olive oil, fish, and seeds. Eliminating added sugars and sugary foods also helps.
- Exercising regularly. Try to adopt both aerobic and anaerobic exercises. The key here is variety. Don’t just limit yourself to the same routines, rather explore workouts which get your heart pumping with repetition using various parts of your body- (running, Zumba classes, cycling, etc.). Also add into your routine weightlifting too. Consider alternate days for each.
- Getting sufficient sleep (7 to 8 hours nightly). Quality sleep helps repair and restore cells and tissues and supports hormone production.
- Reduce stress. Daily stress management practices such as journaling, deep breathing, meditation, enjoyable exercise, tai chi, and yoga can lower stress and cortisol (stress hormone) levels.
- Consider herbs. Many herbs possess significant properties that may aid immune function. Among them are astragalus, which may provide immune stimulation. Angelica, which may help modulate the immune system. Turmeric is known for its powerful antioxidant properties. Finally, Oregano, Olive Leaf extract and Echinacea are all long revered for providing beneficial immune support.
Read about 8 immune system boosting foods
Another long renowned way to support your immune function and that of your family is colloidal silver.
What’s Colloidal Silver?
It’s a natural elemental mineral supplement containing a mixture of pharmaceutical grade ultra-fine silver particles suspended in ultra-pure water. It’s safe, easily absorbed and comes in convenient dropper or spray bottles. The liquid has an amber color which represents the actual silver particles. Like most supplements, this is all natural.
Why Colloidal Silver?
If you’re looking for a way to both support your immune system and give it a boost, colloidal silver is a smart choice for many reasons:
- It’s safe for adults and children 4+ years.
- It can be taken year-round.
- It comes in various strengths to suit individual needs.
- It’s convenient to take virtually anytime, anywhere and on-the-go.
Which Colloidal Silver Brand?
Natural Path Silver Wings is a wise choice for your immune support.
It’s called “natural” for good reason: it is free of GMOs, gluten, allergens, additives, and preservatives. You can choose from a variety of strengths and blends:
- 50 ppm (parts per million) is suggested for daily immune support maintenance.
- 250 ppm is an enhanced immune support often chosen for those who are traveling or who are around a lot of people.
- 500 ppm is an extra strength immune support.
The best colloidal silver products in stores are the ones with the smallest silver particles size for best absorption and highest parts per million (ppm) for optimal immune system support.
Natural Path Silver Wings’ colloidal silver is extremely small. In fact they guarantee their colloid range between only 1 to 10 nanometers. That’s small and that’s good!
Silver Wings’ parts per million are between 5 – 50x higher than other brands. That’s strong and that’s good!
A higher ppm has a darker amber color which is what you want to see and exactly what you’re paying for— colloidal silver!
So to simplify and summarize- the MORE silver particles, the better (stronger) and the SMALLER the particles, the better (absorption). Make sense?
With the above quality bar standards set so high and with 3rd party lab verifications, it’s no wonder Natural Path Silver Wings has won multiple “Best of Supplements” awards and has been recommended for nearly 30 years.
Immune health is at the core of your overall health so follow the above lifestyle tips and be sure to also include colloidal silver as a part of your immune supporting routine.
Best diets overall 2023. US News and World Report
Block KI, Mead MN. Immune system effects of echinacea, ginseng, and astragalus: a review. Integrative Cancer Therapy 2003 Sep; 2(3):247-67.
Sahebkar A et al. Effect of curcuminoids on oxidative stress: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Journal of Functional Foods 2015 Oct; 18(B):898-909
Wu YC, Hsieh CL. Pharmacological effects of Radix Angelica Sinensis (Danggui) on cerebral infarction. Chinese Medicine 2011; 6(32)
Tags: immune system, immune function, weak immune system, colloidal silver, inflammation, stress